As the founder of MasterTalk, Brenden Kumarasamy coaches individuals to become the top communicators in their field. He also has a popular YouTube channel called MasterTalk, with the goal of providing free access to communication tools for everyone in the world. And today he shares tips that will help you become a rockstar communicator.
· The fear of communication comes from a lifetime of mandatory presenting, giving talks on things that don’t interest you, and being in a situation where how you present is punishable!
· The nature of doctoral research and writing can backfire when it comes to effective communication
· Adopt a mindset of effort not perfection (just do the little actions without comparing yourself to others)
· Communication is the medium through which we move through the world; it may be the most important thing you do to increase your impact in the world
· Communication is like juggling 18 balls – let’s focus on 3 in this episode
o Random Word Exercise – Take 5 minutes, pick a random word and go for it. This will help you think on your feet and force you to get out of your comfort zone
o Question Drill – Rather than being reactive, be proactive and take 5 minutes and practice questions that people might ask you about your topic area
o Make a list of the people you love the most in your life and send them a 20-second video message about why you are grateful for them and the impact they are making in your life (remember, communication is not a chore, it is how you give value to others)w
· If you shower, you have time to try these tips – they take about as long as a shower
· Take the complex and make it simple through effective communication
“Be insane or be the same.”
Connect with Brenden
Sign up for free workshops:
Get The Happy Doc Student Handbook: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578333732
Other resources at: http://Expandyourhappy.com
Support this free content: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/expandyourhappy
Want to make my day? Rate, review, subscribe & share with someone you love.