#113 with Vinnie Stergin
Vinnie is a musician, artist & educator. Over the past 20 years he has taught, coached & inspired hundreds of students from all walks of life to explore their creativity and experience the transformative power of music and specifically “The Mindful Ukulele Method”
· Playing music and practicing mindfulness allows for a deep experience that taps into the mind-body connection.
· Music and mindfulness can help you gain a new perspective for dealing with chronic stress.
· The learning of a new skill (playing the Ukulele) combined with creating new mindfulness habits create new spaces where lasting change can happen (are you game?).
· The ukulele is an inexpensive instrument and easy to play – what do you have to lose? Sign up for Vinnie’s free 4-part course: https://happydoc.mindfulukulelemethod.com
· Shout out to The Tarbox Ramblers (who got me through my doctoral program) - check them out here: https://www.tarboxramblers.com/band
· There is value in using music and creativity as portals to insights you just won’t have if you don’t allow yourself SPACE to reflect.
· Have you considered making music as part of your self-care practice?
· Learning an instrument might just be the antidote to burnout – give yourself a break and have more fun!
· Stop taking yourself and life so seriously – exercise your funny bone with a ukulele.
“I’ve always been very curious about people, nature and life and love to experiment, explore. I’m a constant work in progress, and love that.” – Vinnie Stergin
Connect with Vinnie
Shiny Brain Crayons (current band): https://youtu.be/RoFhHznaULA
A free 4-part mini course of the Mindful Ukulele Method: https://happydoc.mindfulukulelemethod.com
Support the show
Support this free content: https://www.buzzsprout.com/1547113/supporters/new
Get The Happy Doc Student Handbook: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578333732
Other resources at: http://Expandyourhappy.com
Treat me to a green tea: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/expandyourhappy
Want to make my day? Rate, review, subscribe & share with someone you love.