Dr. Clint Pearman is a nationally recognized, certified brain injury specialist and trainer, a mind-body health and wellness educator and coach, the founder of ABC Wellness Zone, and the Tai Chi Edge. His purpose is to provide simple solutions for optimizing physical, mental, and cognitive health and well-being.
On today’s episode, we discuss the benefits of Tai Chi.
1. While answering the question: What is Tai Chi? Is not always straightforward (it is a martial art, traditional Chinese medicine, etc.) – the positive benefits are clear.
2. Tai Chi calms your brain and relaxes your body.
3. The 7 brain abilities it impacts are: Perception, Attention, Memory, Self-Assessment, Language, Executive Function, Motor Coordination.
4. All 7 abilities are important for doctoral students, but especially Executive Function – the ability to make plans and execute them (and, or course, be nimble when life happens).
5. Once you learn Tai Chi, it takes only minutes a day to practice.
6. There are many different styles of Tai Chi; to find one that works for you, check out Clint’s website below.
Connect with Clint: https://drclint.passion.io/
Links to episodes discussed
Podcasts that discuss the chair-student relationship and when to consider making a change:
Get The Happy Doc Student Handbook: https://www.amazon.com/dp/0578333732
Other resources at: http://Expandyourhappy.com
Support this free content: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/expandyourhappy
Want to make my day? Rate, review, subscribe & share with someone you love.